Members of a multi-academy trust are sometimes described as akin to shareholders in a non-for-profit enterprise, acting on behalf of the Department for Education. We think of them as the ‘keepers of the flame’, ensuring that Oaks adheres to its founding principles.
Richard Wagner, Chairman. Retired Financial Journalist and Merchant Banker.
Gill Harradine. Retired Head Teacher and Principal of Oaks Academy Trust.
Ben Lloyd. Risk Manager, Barclays Bank plc Head Office.
Dr Ian Rivens. Research Scientist, Institute of Cancer Research.
John White. Retired Managing Director of Capital Markets Division, Rothchilds Bank.
They appoint up to five Directors to bring a range of experience and skills to the board’s legal liability for financial oversight of the MAT, the welfare of staff and most importantly the safeguarding and broad education of all our children. These Directors may co-opt others to further strengthen the board.
The Board meets at least once a term and is in regular contact with one another.
- Richard Wagner, Chairman. Experience in finance (journalism, strategic advisor to public bodies and private enterprise), developing own businesses in UK and overseas. 20 years of primary school governance including Additional Skills Governor for Surrey and National Leader of Education for the National College of Teaching & Leadership. Telephone 01737 555091 Email: email@example.com
- Joan Hornsby, Vice Chairman. Experience in insurance (business and underwriting manager at a major insurance company). MA, Fellow Chartered Insurance Institute, Chartered Insurer. Currently PhD student. 15 years governance experience, Chair of Governors at Banstead Infant School.
- Stephen Mann, Experience in education (secondary school teacher), subsequently business and safeguarding (owner and manager of a care home). RMN, DPSN, BSc (Hons), CMS, MBA(TQM), PGCE, MCMI. Governor since 2011, Care Home Owner. Chair of Governors at Warren Mead Junior School.
- Jay Walter, 25 years’ experience in company secretarial, company law and corporate governance. Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries & Administrators.
- Tomos Davies, Experience in estate management and marketing (property company director). Diploma in Marketing, Member of Chartered Institute of Marketing.
- Deborah Matthew, Co-opted for her knowledge of finance and early-years education. Career started in the City of London as an insurance underwriter, followed by managing a local pre-school, where she was also SENCo. Chair of Governors at The Vale Primary School.
- John Stephenson, Co-opted for his knowledge of finance and public administration. Fellow of the Chartered Association of Certified Acoountants, he worked in senior posts in insurance here and overseas for the Prudential group and has been a Borough Councillor for 10 years.
The Board is supported by:
- Chief Executive Officer – Richard Evans , BSc (Hons), NPQH, 21 years senior level experience of school improvement, including 9 years as Lead Officer for Primary Education, Surrey County Council. Director of Education, GLF Schools. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chief Finance Officer – Ros Clark, 15 years experience of local authority and school finance, AAT, CIPFA Certificate in Financial Reporting for Academies.
- Education Advisor to Heads and Governing Bodies – Alister Moses, also advisor to GLF Schools on pupil premium and staff development.
- Governor Advisor and Clerk – Kelly Cardoo, 10 years working in Primary and Secondary Schools, 3 years as Clerk to Governors.
The Directors appoint the Head Teachers of our schools and confirm the membership of each school’s Local Governing Body.
Their details are on each school’s website. Links to these are: